OzSTOC Events National & Local > SOUTH AUSTRALIA

SA RTE Suggestions for 2024

(1/5) > >>

Bodø:
I guess it's about time to to get this rolling.  I've got a list of places I would like to check out but here's a few.

* Blyth Hotel
* Booleroo Centre
* Caltowie Hotel
* Andamooka (overnighter)
* Cradock Hotel
* Mount Mary Hotel
* Greenock Hotel
* Sutherlands Hotel
* Pinnaroo (there's a few to choose from)
* Carrieton Hotel
* Robertstown Hotel
* Royal Hotel Crystal Brook
* The Old Barn Sedan
I went to the Old Barn yesterday.  They have an open mic on the first sunday from march until december.  It wasn't too loud to prevent a chat whilst having lunch.  The lunch menu isn't that big but bigger than the pizza choices we had at Cadell.  I'd be happy to go here again.

I'd also pencilled in the Eureka Hotel at Redhill after they had a refurbishment sign on it when I went there earlier in the year but dropped in last weekend to find it is still closed.

* No animals were hurt in making this list but I did steal some of Williamson's dots.  :nahnah

StinkyPete:
Thanks for kicking this off Bodo, and  I suggest that we also consider revisiting some old favorites.

Pretoria Hotel at Mannum
Finnis General Store
Coopers Alehouse at Wallaroo is worth a revisit
Naracoorte
Goolwa Coorong Cafe

Williamson:

--- Quote from: Bodø on October 02, 2023, 04:50:00 AM ---
* Royal Hotel Crystal Brook
--- End quote ---

You nearly had me, until I checked Google Maps.

--- Quote from: StinkyPete on October 02, 2023, 05:56:41 AM ---.... revisiting some old favorites.

--- End quote ---

We have only revisited two venues twice, since I started attending VIC RTEs, these were the Tungumah Hotel at Tungumah (d'oh!), and the Reefton Hotel at McMahons Creek.  I don't include Blackwood (a VIC RTE and a NatRally RTE) or Mansfield (different pubs), but someone may be along soon to correct me. 

The VORTEC tries to find new place to spread the love, and $$.  With many more towns than SA, it's been easy so far.  Although next year, there will be some revisits on the Royal Tour Event.  And now I'm very pleased with myself for inventing another RTE.

Bodø:
If Edenhope and Rainbow are a bit much for you I would expect any South Australian venue to be. 

Bodø:
If it's not too late I'd like to throw the Tavern On Turton (Point Turton, Yorkes) into the mix.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version