OzSTOC Ride Reports, Pictures & Videos > RIDE REPORTS

Weekend of 1 October 2011

(1/2) > >>

saaz:
I will be going to a farrider event on 1 October at Eungella (inland of Mackay).  Diesel and perhaps some other Ozstoc members will be there, so no need to meet up with them yet again :)  Any SEQs be around in the days following?  On the way up I have to hit some distance targets, but the way back is just more riding.  I was thinking of going back through Toowoomba or the general area then perhaps cut in and go down the coast.  May go through Maryborough, just depends on whether people I know are there at the time.  I will be going up through there too but am on a bit of a tighter schedule on the way up.

Diesel:
John, you're certainly welcome to crash at my joint if you want (exactly 1,000km from 'Young Galah')

There's certainly a lot to see as you know in SEQ and plenty of OzSTOC Members around here to meet n greet.

Glad to see your health has prevailed and you're up to it too.

Is Lionel going?

Cheers

saaz:
Lionel will be at Mackay at the same time, but at a family event (he is a Queenslander but I still like him). He will be in the Landcruiser 100 series with the caravan and wife, but plans to meet up at Eungella if possible.  Looks like quite a few events coming together here!  Should be a great event, farriders, ozstoc and whatever combined :)

I would not mind following a local on whatever roads you choose..all the more fun!  I have been up around the Sunshine Coast a few times so know how great it is.  I will have to check about calling in to see the parents of a mate who now live near Buderim on the way back, but thats on the way anyway.

If possible I will also call into see Streak..may as well do as many as possible!  I stayed there early this year and quite liked the old part of town.

Rodd:
I'm in Maryborough, but only have 3, 4, 5, and 6th Oct off (I will be on a new 12hr rotating shift of 4 on 4 off).

Rodd

saaz:
My wife has friends in Maryborough, just a matter of time really as to whether I can call in for a while.  I was thinking of ducking into Townsville on the way back, only because a mate used to be in the airforce and mentioned sitting on the hill in the evening to catch the breeze (and I have seen it on the V8 telecast and looks spectacular))

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version