Author Topic: Rear fairing bracket  (Read 732 times)

Offline Hyper Fish

• ST Legend
Rear fairing bracket
« on: April 10, 2022, 06:02:40 PM »
Hi all.

I'm "restoring" a 2000 ST1100 that was stolen and recovered by the police. The guys who stole it did a number on the bike, with some fairings missing, the others badly resprayed, and the exhausts cut off before the mufflers. Quite a lot of bits were missing, including the panniers. I can tell that the bike was ex-police due to the control switches and some extra wiring here and there that was left behind when the police radio and lights were removed. At some time the bike had the police solo seat and real cowl removed, and replaced with the standard double seat and fairing.

One of the bits missing was the bracket that attaches to the frame under the rear fairing. When it was recovered, the fairing was zip tied to the bolts that held the panniers I think.

I've sourced a replacement bracket, but I'm wondering if anyone has pictures of how it's meant to attach to the frame. Diagram included for reference.

Thanks,

Online ruSTynutz

• NR2024 Rally Team
  • Supreme "2000" Club Member
    • "Destined to Drive" Driving School
Re: Rear fairing bracket
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2022, 07:06:59 PM »
Not sure if this is any help... :think1

It's taken out of the ST1100 service manual which can be downloaded here: https://app.box.com/s/zkdsf5ulj1x4yhqtos1ftazadnkmgn4f/

2005 Honda ST1300A

Offline Hyper Fish

• ST Legend
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2022, 10:51:55 AM »
Aha, yes that is absolutely what I wanted. The reason it didn't look like it fit was because the back bolt also holds the pannier stays which is missing from my bike.

Many thanks.  :thumbs

Online ruSTynutz

• NR2024 Rally Team
  • Supreme "2000" Club Member
    • "Destined to Drive" Driving School
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2022, 11:25:57 AM »
Glad I was able to help!  :beer

2005 Honda ST1300A