OzSTOC News & Rider Assistance > General Motorcycle News Links

Mandatory airbag recall on Honda Goldwings

(1/2) > >>

alans1100:
Despite Honda issuing voluntary recalls and several pleas for owners of Goldwings to have their airbags checked, the ACCC has decided to enforce a mandatory recall.

The recall is part of a worldwide issue affecting faulty Takata drIver’s side airbag inflators which have been linked to 18 deaths

https://motorbikewriter.com/mandatory-airbag-recall-honda-goldwings/

West Aussie Glen:
Thanks for raising this again Alan. I kept forgetting to check my VIN but now know that I need to ring Honda tomorrow.

West Aussie Glen:
Today I visited my local Honda dealer, Planet Honda Myaree and my goldwing received a clean bill of health re airbag recall  :grin

West Aussie Glen:
I have just received a recall notice so looks like Honda have now extended the recall to the newer models. I am now waiting for a new air bag to arrive at the dealers.

alans1100:

--- Quote from: West Aussie Glen on February 13, 2018, 08:29:34 AM ---I have just received a recall notice so looks like Honda have now extended the recall to the newer models. I am now waiting for a new air bag to arrive at the dealers.

--- End quote ---
I posted this topic on the FarRider's site the same time I did here but so far no feedback

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version