Honda ST1100 Section > Seats & Windscreen Modifications ST1100

Aftermarket seats

<< < (4/4)

Scarlett Thunderbolt:

--- Quote from: Jdbiker on November 04, 2019, 07:46:39 AM ---What does it look like.?

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: Williamson on November 04, 2019, 08:20:08 AM ---

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: StinkyPete on November 04, 2019, 10:47:19 AM ---
 :popcorn

--- End quote ---

Hi All... Just got in from work... I'll post some pics tomorrow.

The shark skin cover feels thinner, but more stretchy than OEM... It has more tooth/texture, so that even when wet, you don't slide around.

If you press down on the seat top, it's plushy/squidgy, instead of firm.

The shape and dimensions of the rider's seat is similar to OEM... The pillion's seat foam has been built up at the front and around the rear (kinda like a horse-riding saddle), with the front shoulders having been softened.

Neither seat appears to be any thicker then OEM, just much softer... We left our STeed with Dave Coburn Motor Trimmer and the work only took a couple of days... The OEM seat cover was refitted for each test ride, with the shark skin cover fitted after the final adjustment.

Happy with the result ever since... Cheers, John&Kate.

Scarlett Thunderbolt:

The seat foam replacement hasn't changed the appearance of either saddle very much... just a different surface texture.

Jdbiker:
Thanks Scarlett Thunderbolt 👍..that doesn’t look much different from OEM. Reason I asked was a photo would make if easier for a local trimmer if anyone wanted to alter their standard seat. I find the OEM seat with a sheep skin cover quite comfortable  :like

hobs:
Hi Guys, I had the OEM seat refoamed and recovered by an upholster when I as restoring the bike when I had first bought it. The seat was in pretty bad shape and vinyl was split. Maybe it was readjusted from OEM specifications accidently during the repair process with using softer foam and reshaping. with a lambs wool cover I have ridden 1100klm in one day and felt no issues with soreness or tiredness. Happy with the current seat.

Cheers,
Hobs

hobs:
photos of the old seat and the recovered seat.

Cheers,
Hobs

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version