Farkles, Gear & Accessories > What have you done in the shed today

ST1100 Service @ 88.6K

<< < (2/2)

Piet:
Hi Asterysk, I think I was very lucky.  It looked perfect, but when I started to touch it and lift it out that's when it started to come apart.  Knowing I did not have one around for a quick replacement, I used a micro fiber cloth and cut one the same size.  Working out the size and handling the foam piece just seemed to make the foam piece worse with every move.
So I ordered a new unit ... and for the interim I had a micro fiber cloth insert.  I don't think I am needing to remove the carby's for cleaning.  I sure hope not.

John g:
 :think1   Intreasting you had a problem with an oil leak from your k&n oil filter because so did I with almost disastrous results ( leaked all over the back tire while I was 600ks from home ) upon inspection found that the retaining mechanism for the seal was inadequate which caused it to distort .Also discovered that it was made in China when I presumed it was made in the U.S. I know it has a handy nut on the end if  for easy removal but in my opinion that's all it has going for it!! Went back to the Honda filter,only a couple of dollars more which is a small price to pay for the peace of mind it brings . :thumb

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version