Author Topic: G'day everyone!  (Read 6251 times)

Online Joso

• Joso
Re: G'day everyone!
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2018, 08:20:31 PM »
Hi

The following users thanked this post: JNAC

Online ppopeye

• RTE Coordinator
  • Legendary "1000 Club" Member
AaRe: G'day everyone!
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2018, 09:45:58 PM »

Partial Quote from: StinkyPete on April 15, 2018, 09:54:50 AM Hi JNAC and another welcome to OzSTOC from SA.   :hatwave   I also purchased my ST from the Honda dealer in Cairns back in 2009.  :thumb

You'll find list of farkles that members have installed here...   http://ozstoc.com/index.php?topic=4592.0   which might give you some inspiration.

Sadly Motorcycle Larry seems to have gone out of business, so their wonderful Highway Pegs are now as rare has hens teeth.

I have a couple of possibilities to get some highway pegs made. Does anyone have a spare or a bent or broken sample I could get my hands on. Could anyone who would like to get a set let me know here or a PM s9 I have an idea of how much interest there is in this item.
Cheers

ppopeye

I never ride faster than my angel can fly!

2005 Red ST1300
2012 Red GL1800

Bikes I've had
Yamaha 500
Honda450
Honda CL175

The following users thanked this post: JNAC

Offline JNAC

• ST Legend
Re: AaRe: G'day everyone!
« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2018, 10:07:19 PM »

Partial Quote from: StinkyPete on April 15, 2018, 09:54:50 AM Hi JNAC and another welcome to OzSTOC from SA.   :hatwave   I also purchased my ST from the Honda dealer in Cairns back in 2009.  :thumb

You'll find list of farkles that members have installed here...   http://ozstoc.com/index.php?topic=4592.0   which might give you some inspiration.

Sadly Motorcycle Larry seems to have gone out of business, so their wonderful Highway Pegs are now as rare has hens teeth.

I have a couple of possibilities to get some highway pegs made. Does anyone have a spare or a bent or broken sample I could get my hands on. Could anyone who would like to get a set let me know here or a PM s9 I have an idea of how much interest there is in this item.
Cheers

Hey mate,

Sounds great, I would be keen if it happens. I've been thinking it over for the last few days and have come up with what I think might work for a dual highway peg/light mount that wouldn't be too hard to put together but I need to get back to my bike and rough something out of dead trees.

My biggest issue at the moment is a lot of the resources people mention in old posts are now out of operation or have changed. Finding things that appear to have been common place a little while ago is now rather difficult. I'm sure the community will assist if asked and that's my next step but I like to give things a crack myself first.

If anyone is curious at this point in time I'm talking about things like Highway Pegs, Dash plates and all the other MUST HAVE Farkles that don't, at first glance, appear to be commonly available anymore.

I also might not be trying hard enough as my searching has been between interruptions on a work trip. 

Offline Scarlett Thunderbolt

• Walkerston Qld
« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2018, 08:39:45 PM »
hey JNAC... welcome to OzSTOC from Bakers Ck (just between 3.07 and 3.08 on your time lapse Cns - Bne footage)... if you can find the time in August and would like a good excuse to stretch your STeed's legs again, then come and join fellow OzSTOCers up here in Mackay for the NatRally2018 weekend... Mky - Bne is a two-up ride that we've done quite often... we prefer the inland route because of less traffic and better scenery than the Bruce Hwy... and we find Monto is a convenient stop-over, half-way... Cheers, John & Kate.
John, Kate & Miss Scarlett
Candy Red ST1300

Offline JNAC

• ST Legend
« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2018, 08:51:22 PM »
hey JNAC... welcome to OzSTOC from Bakers Ck (just between 3.07 and 3.08 on your time lapse Cns - Bne footage)... if you can find the time in August and would like a good excuse to stretch your STeed's legs again, then come and join fellow OzSTOCers up here in Mackay for the NatRally2018 weekend... Mky - Bne is a two-up ride that we've done quite often... we prefer the inland route because of less traffic and better scenery than the Bruce Hwy... and we find Monto is a convenient stop-over, half-way... Cheers, John & Kate.

Thanks for the warm welcome, I would have loved to stop at a few places along the way but the ST got to me and I just couldn't bring myself to stop.

I was looking at the NatRally info today, I'd love to make it but given the nature of my work I won't know until a few weeks before if I can attend. When I get home (Friday night) I'll have a chat to my better 3/4's and ask her to take time off. If she can do that I will book us a spot and make it work.

A few years ago I did a road trip from Brisbane to Cairns and pulled into That Sapphire Place on my way out of mackay and fell in love with some of the lovely stuff in there. Told myself that when the time came I would return to find something nice to pop the big Q to my forever pillion. That day is getting closer and closer so I might be able to make the NatRally a multi purpose trip  :thumbsup

The following users thanked this post: Scarlett Thunderbolt

Offline DavidP

• ST13 fan, near Toowoomba, Qld
« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2018, 07:02:15 AM »
Welcome from Toowoomba, st13 will be very nice after the 650 (my last was a gsxf750).  For long distance work many of us swear by our Russell day long seats, as I recon the stock seat is quite uncomfortable after an hour or two.  Also worth doing some work on the forks (springs, oil, oil level, preload) if you weigh over 65kg.  I am 85g and was using over 1/2 the fork travel just sitting on the bike!
St's are easy enough to work on once you have removed the plastics (see the Tupperware guide on the furum).
Have fun with your new beast :-)

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

:slvr13 in style
2008 ST1300, Carbon fender extender, blinker/mirror mod, switchback indicators, diy wiring/jump start harness, heated grips, diy swing-arm/shock protector, insulated fairing pockets, diy led spots

Offline JNAC

• ST Legend
« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2018, 07:15:23 AM »
Thanks for the welcome and advice David,

I was having a look at that option but I dunno how (unless you have 2) you can go without your seat for that long. Do you know of anyone local to our little island that does it? I can't remember who it was but I had my GSX seat done a few years back at a little shop in Ipswich and it made a world of difference.

As for the forks, it's something I'm going to have to look at next time I'm in there, my pillion and I together are only 120kgs so hopefully it won't be too much issue for a little while.

I'm currently working my way through the forums making a list of things to check and work on. I've got some Heli risers on the way from the states  :runyay

Offline DavidP

• ST13 fan, near Toowoomba, Qld
« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2018, 04:29:24 PM »
I borrowed  spare seat the wild rose (Leo) had.  Took about a month all up.

:slvr13 in style
2008 ST1300, Carbon fender extender, blinker/mirror mod, switchback indicators, diy wiring/jump start harness, heated grips, diy swing-arm/shock protector, insulated fairing pockets, diy led spots

Offline Wild Rose

• UNBELIEVABLE "5000 Posts" Member
  • Toowoomba, Qld
« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2018, 05:37:25 PM »

Yes I have a spare seat available (Not 4 Sale) if you want to borrow it and I am only Up on the hill in Toowoomba
I used a Air Hawk cushion which I found good but now got a Sargent seat which I find Excellent
« Last Edit: April 18, 2018, 05:44:51 PM by Wild Rose »
Leo (Wild Rose)
Honda ST 1300
:rd13       :blk13                            :Spyder
 2002                            New 29-04-13 

Ulysses #49154
FarRider #243

Offline JNAC

• ST Legend
« Reply #34 on: April 18, 2018, 06:11:09 PM »

Yes I have a spare seat available (Not 4 Sale) if you want to borrow it and I am only Up on the hill in Toowoomba
I used a Air Hawk cushion which I found good but now got a Sargent seat which I find Excellent

Thanks for the offer mate. I am having a look at my options at the moment. Cruise control, to me sounds like a better way to spend a thousand dollars. Might have a chat to a few of the local seat builders and go from there.

Offline Wild Rose

• UNBELIEVABLE "5000 Posts" Member
  • Toowoomba, Qld
« Reply #35 on: April 18, 2018, 06:26:29 PM »

Thanks for the offer mate. I am having a look at my options at the moment. Cruise control, to me sounds like a better way to spend a thousand dollars. Might have a chat to a few of the local seat builders and go from there.

John Morehouse used to be in Brisbane and rebuilt bike seats someone might know if he is still doing it
http://ozstoc.com/index.php?topic=1935.0

Cruise Control is great especially on long trips I got mine second hand of the forum it came from Motorcycle Cruise Control in Victoria and had it fitted at Toowoomba Honda

Everything to make the ST1300 a better Bike  :blk13  :like
Leo (Wild Rose)
Honda ST 1300
:rd13       :blk13                            :Spyder
 2002                            New 29-04-13 

Ulysses #49154
FarRider #243

Offline JNAC

• ST Legend
« Reply #36 on: April 18, 2018, 06:55:31 PM »

John Morehouse used to be in Brisbane and rebuilt bike seats someone might know if he is still doing it
http://ozstoc.com/index.php?topic=1935.0

Cruise Control is great especially on long trips I got mine second hand of the forum it came from Motorcycle Cruise Control in Victoria and had it fitted at Toowoomba Honda

Everything to make the ST1300 a better Bike  :blk13  :like

You're a lucky man, it's a big investment. I've got a manual throttle lock for now that gives me the freedom I need to move my wrist from time to time but it's basically useless if there's any hills in the road.

John is at the top of my list, I will go see him when I get back to Brisbane if I can get in touch with him.

Online Biggles

• "Top Dog" 10000 club
  • Bridgeman Downs, Brisbane
« Reply #37 on: April 18, 2018, 08:47:10 PM »
John is at the top of my list, I will go see him when I get back to Brisbane if I can get in touch with him.

When I tried to get a seat mod for my ST1100 back in 2007 he was scaling down and his brother, Andrew over at Chapel hill did it for me.
For the modern man who lives in the city, riding a bike might be one of the only ways to escape the humdrum monotony. To take off and ride. To be both at one with nature and one with the bike. To feel masculine. Adam Piggott

OzSTOC #16  STOC #6135  FarR #509  IBA #54927

Offline JNAC

• ST Legend
« Reply #38 on: April 18, 2018, 08:52:59 PM »

When I tried to get a seat mod for my ST1100 back in 2007 he was scaling down and his brother, Andrew over at Chapel hill did it for me.

Thanks for the info, his website doesn't have a lot to go on but this FB page I found has pretty regular posts, maybe his brother has taken over the name. I will get in touch tomorrow and see what I can find out.

https://www.facebook.com/pg/johnmoorhouseergoseats/photos/?tab=album&album_id=437668533093652

Online Kev Murphy

• "Top Dog" 10000 club
  • 98 ST1100 Portland, SW Vic coastal.
« Reply #39 on: April 19, 2018, 10:57:05 PM »
Welcome aboard, JNAC
0428 306 496

kjmurphy2@bigpond.com

Offline JNAC

• ST Legend
« Reply #40 on: April 19, 2018, 11:02:44 PM »