Author Topic: ST1100 Cush rubbers and alloy insert change  (Read 10685 times)

Offline Piet

• Caroline Springs, Victoria.
Re: ST1100 Cush rubbers and alloy insert change
« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2015, 03:24:33 PM »
I was working on my rear wheel the other day and checked my cush rubbers again.  They looked fine yet one obviously had worn enough that the aluminium insert was starting to touch the rim.  So I ordered  2 sets of cush rubbers.  The part number for the standard ST's is for a kit of 5 rubbers.  The part number for the Police is for a single rubber.  That I think explains the difference in the part numbers.  Buying Police rubbers as units is way more expensive than buying the kit of 5.  I paid just under AUD $55.00 for each set from my local Honda shop.

The old were quite loose.  I cleaned up the rim changed my wheel bearings and put my new cush rubbers in place.  I was very surprized at just how much tighter the new rubbers are.  I think Yorkie was really close to spot-on when he considers changing perhaps every tyre change.  If only we could purchase them at a better price.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 12:58:51 PM by Piet »
Rides:
ST1100P 2004 Darkside
VTX1800C 2008 V&H pipes (sold)

Offline alans1100

• 1999 ST1100A
  • UNBELIEVABLE "5000 Posts" Member
  • Alan, Peterborough, SA
Re: ST1100 Cush rubbers and alloy insert change
« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2015, 05:17:55 PM »
I was working on my rear wheel the other day and checked my cush rubbers again.  They looked fine yet one obviously had worn enough that the aluminium insert was starting to touch the rim.  So I ordered  2 sets of cush rubbers.  The part number for the standard ST,s is for a kit of 5 rubbers.  The part number for the Police is for a single rubber.  That I think explains the difference in the part numbers.  Buying Police rubbers as units is way more expensive than buying the kit of 5.  I paid just under AUD $55.00 for each set from my local Honda shop.
I ordered the rubbers, inserts and new screws plus a couple thrust washers for mine a couple weeks ago. They're were at the dealer a couple days ago and total cost was around $120/130 so we're going to Port Augusta on Thursday.

They're also one of the few items that I've seen cheaper locally than the US after postage was included. The US only supplies the rubbers as a single item whereas the UK and over here you can buy a set.

1999 :bl11  2004 :13Candy

FarRider #921- BR15, BR17, CR1