Author Topic: Oil Filter For 1300.................  (Read 1795 times)

Offline alans1100

• 1999 ST1100A
  • RTE Coordinator
  • UNBELIEVABLE "5000 Posts" Member
  • Alan, Peterborough, SA
Re: Oil Filter For 1300.................
« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2018, 10:55:17 AM »
Not that it affects any of our ST's but I was told that if you replace an OEM oil filter with an after market brand you will void your warranty. Something to keep in mind if you have a bike that is still under the manufacturer's warranty.
The same applies to all aftermarket items that can replace OEM items
1999 :bl11  2004 :13Candy

FarRider #921- BR15, BR17, CR1

Offline Shiney

• Dave
  • Global Moderator
  • UNBELIEVABLE "5000 Posts" Member
  • RTE Coordinator - Strathpine, QLD
Re: Oil Filter For 1300.................
« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2018, 11:27:53 AM »
Not that it affects any of our ST's but I was told that if you replace an OEM oil filter with an after market brand you will void your warranty. Something to keep in mind if you have a bike that is still under the manufacturer's warranty.

Just a FYI...

When I brought my ST (New) from Toowoomba Honda they advised that the warranty is only going to cover failures due to manufacturing.

As long as the service schedule is followed, I could do the servicing myself (as long as I keep a record of what is done and the odometer reading).
BUT, if it can be proven that something wasn't done or the service schedule wasn't followed, the warranty wouldn't cover any resulting damage.

Now, if an aftermarket part is used, any damage that can be traced to that part will not be covered by the warranty however any other manufacturing defects will still be covered.

Cheers
Shiney
My Ride: 2015 (Model) ST1300  :wht13
OzSTOC #104   STOC# 8512   IBA # 59142
Find me in The Who's Who of OzSTOC!

I like shiney things :grin
One of the Dave, Dave, Dave and Duncan crew 8)

The following users thanked this post: Wild Rose