Author Topic: Bagster Tank Covers  (Read 4672 times)

Offline Couch

• Legendary "1000 Club" Member
  • Tasman Peninsula, Tasmania
Bagster Tank Covers
« on: November 18, 2013, 11:54:11 AM »
I recently ordered a Bagster Tank Cover and Bag from the UK and they arrived a couple of days ago, also ordered one for Foxy and his arrived as well. They took about 5 weeks to get here as they're actually made to order in France, but they're worth waiting for, quality of the covers and bag are excellent, and soooo very easy to fit, only had to remove the seat! I had a Powerlet inlet set into my previous magnetic tank bag so I removed that and fitted it to the new Bagster bag and I'm attaching a couple of pics showing the set up. It all works very well, I can charge heaps of things from and/or inside the bag. I purchased the covers and bag through "Intobikes" in the UK and found them very good to deal with. :thumbsup

There are many paths to the top of the mountain.....but we all need to find our own way!

Online Wild Rose

• UNBELIEVABLE "5000 Posts" Member
  • Toowoomba, Qld
Re: Bagster Tank Covers
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2013, 11:59:43 AM »
Well done  :thumb
Leo (Wild Rose)
Honda ST 1300
:rd13       :blk13                            :Spyder
 2002                            New 29-04-13 

Ulysses #49154
FarRider #243

Offline HOFFY

• ST Legend
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2013, 12:20:28 PM »
How do you get the fuel into your tank.

I get into trouble whenever I stop because it takes me forever (apparently) to take off my gloves, glasses, helmet and then put the bike on the centre stand.

Not sure what would be said if I had to remove a tank bag and a cover just to fuel up.

Then I have to put it all back together again. Even worse when I have to fill in my log book and fold the receipt as well as answer the call of nature then get a drink. I was also thinking of taking up smoking  Nah.

Anyway, your set up on the bike looks great. Nice and neat.

Offline Couch

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2013, 12:50:35 PM »
All too easy Trev............tank bag simply unclips from the front or the rear and lifts out of the way, and there is already a cut out section out of the tank cover for refueling.

All takes about the same time as it takes to scratch your a#*^ :grin 

There are many paths to the top of the mountain.....but we all need to find our own way!

Offline Streak

• Supreme "2000" Club Member
  • Stampy Glitterballs
    • Australian ST Owners Club
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2013, 12:53:14 PM »
I swear by mine that i have on the ST1100, it is fantastic!
Streak (Graham)
Storm Trooper
streak@ozstoc.com
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/OzSTOC
2010 White DL650 Strom
FarRider #667
IBA #59145
Aussie Hard Arse #63

Offline HOFFY

• ST Legend
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2013, 01:00:26 PM »
That's great, I have never seen one close up before, some are huge and I presume they do the same thing.

When you said you had to lift your seat to fit it, you must have meant the tank cover.

All clear now.

I could have used one a few years ago when I went over east.
I had to use paper maps and every time we came to an intersection, we had to stop and read the map.  Apparently you can get a clear plastic screen on the tank bag where you put the map.

May have to consider one.

Thanks for the look.

Regards

HOFFY.

Offline Biggles

• "Top Dog" 10000 club
  • Bridgeman Downs, Brisbane
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2013, 01:19:17 PM »
As is evident in one of the top pix, the bags come with a clear plastic top and maps etc slide into a pocket under the "lid.  There are also zips that allow the bag to expand upwards, although I don't like having it too high.
Beware, however, the top isn't waterproof in heavy continual rain- just shower-proof.  They come with a waterproof plastic cover.
For the modern man who lives in the city, riding a bike might be one of the only ways to escape the humdrum monotony. To take off and ride. To be both at one with nature and one with the bike. To feel masculine. Adam Piggott

OzSTOC #16  STOC #6135  FarR #509  IBA #54927

Offline Couch

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2013, 01:42:50 PM »
Hey Hoffy..........shot these pics just for you mate!! :grin

Offline Couch

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2013, 01:45:00 PM »
Yes Streak, I remember you posting about yours when you brought it!

I swear by mine that i have on the ST1100, it is fantastic!

Offline Couch

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2013, 01:49:58 PM »
Heavy continual rain????   What.......you ride in the rain!!!!  O'h that's right, you live in Queensland! :rofl

As is evident in one of the top pix, the bags come with a clear plastic top and maps etc slide into a pocket under the "lid.  There are also zips that allow the bag to expand upwards, although I don't like having it too high.
Beware, however, the top isn't waterproof in heavy continual rain- just shower-proof.  They come with a waterproof plastic cover.

Offline HOFFY

• ST Legend
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2013, 02:02:17 PM »
My observation skills are letting me down.  I was more interested in the flash wiring system when I first saw the picks.

Thanks blokes. Xmas is on the menu and for the bloke who has everything mmmmm.

I have leave granted for Ballarat so it may be an important addition.

Regards

HOFFY.

Offline Couch

« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2013, 02:16:04 PM »
Hey Streak, not sure if you'd be interested but I run bike power from my tank bag to my iPhone which lives in it's Biologic case that is attached to my left handlebar. The case is totally waterproof (not that it ever rains in Tassie) and any adjustments can be made to the phone without removing it from the case, not when riding, of course!! :grin

Offline Biggles

• "Top Dog" 10000 club
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2013, 02:21:07 PM »
Heavy continual rain????   What.......you ride in the rain!!!!  O'h that's right, you live in Queensland! :rofl

Nice try.  Never had it leak up here.  It happened in Victoria and NSW last weekend.  Condensation formed under the plastic.  It dried out with the top flapped back in the Queensland sun.    :-(((
For the modern man who lives in the city, riding a bike might be one of the only ways to escape the humdrum monotony. To take off and ride. To be both at one with nature and one with the bike. To feel masculine. Adam Piggott

Offline Biggles

• "Top Dog" 10000 club
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2013, 02:25:55 PM »
Just be aware, trevorhoff, like everything except the Honda ST, tank bags aren't perfect.  They inhibit a full-lock turn, and the horn may blow or engine attempt to crank on full lock turns.  If the top is raise by unzipping the extension, and it's fairly full, you won't be able to access the fuel filler as easily as the photo shows.  It can still be accessed, but you'll have to bear the weight unless you take it right off, which isn't real easy when it's full.

Offline HOFFY

• ST Legend
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2013, 02:42:00 PM »
Thanks for the warning Biggles.

At this stage I was just considering small items like phone, camera, tickets to events etc. just for easy access.

But;

We all know that the more space your have, there is a sudden need to take more gear with you.

I have an ex police bike and the handle bars are already raised but I suppose it all depends on how much lunch you stuff into the bag that causes contact with the switches.

I have noted your advise, thanks.

Offline Couch

« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2013, 03:12:40 PM »
Biggles just might be right on this occasion Hoffy  :wink1

I never carry too much in my tank bag so I don't have the problem, just loose items like you mentioned, glasses case, sunnies, wallet, camera, visor cleaner, small pack tissues, pad and pen, OzSTOC cards, and anything else I might want to be charging up within at the time. I find that with the space in the panniers and top box I don't need to carry much more in the bag. :grin

Offline HOFFY

• ST Legend
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2013, 08:52:28 PM »
Thanks for all the info fellas.

I have travelled before and it was a big problem finding all those every day things either in your pockets or at the bottom of the panniers..

I have also seen tour bikes with huge tank bags and was extremely worried for the rider if they had to react in a hurry.

Offline Biggles

• "Top Dog" 10000 club
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2013, 11:37:29 PM »
I have also seen tour bikes with huge tank bags and was extremely worried for the rider if they had to react in a hurry.

Poor man's airbags.     :wink1

Offline Roadrunner

• ST Legend
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2013, 09:13:18 PM »
Well they say everyone has to win sometime. Nathan (SydneyBloodBikes) brought a Bagster tank cover back from  England for me, I received it yesterday
.So thank you Nathan that saved me some dollars,owe the man :beer
Then I saw this add for a Bagster Tank cover AND  bag for a Hyabusa advertised on Gumtree for, wait for it $50.00 :law
It was for pick up only :||||
 So I emailed the blokes girl, offered $25.00 xtra plus postage.
 Yep it arrived and it is as new :hatwave
The bag fits the ST tank cover and I have the Hyabusa tank cover for sale.
Speaking of farkling, first chance to wash the bike after picking it up in Melbourne last week,.
So now it is looking good and even better, with Motorcyclelarry's tip over bars and extended pillion pegs fitted today.
And tomorrow now the screens clean I get to put on the Ozstoc sticker, thank you STreak.
Waiting on the Hi/Lo HIDs from DDMTuning and a few other farkles from Douglas at Farklebar.
Gives me something to do until I can get out on the road and meet some of you blokes.
IBA:38554
FarRiders:246
Ulysses:23573