Author Topic: You know what I hate!!!!!!!  (Read 716 times)

Offline Down Under

You know what I hate!!!!!!!
« on: March 27, 2015, 05:21:24 PM »
Yep, just having a rant.  I've been searching for a project bike and as I'm very fond of the old gen 1 & 2 Suzuki Bandit I've been looking for something in appropriate condition. I've been searching for a while, and even though most owners are honest about describing the condition of the bikes the're selling, it really infuriates me when I travel a few hours to look at a heap of junk that was described as being in immaculate condition!

This has happened twice now.  I know some people can be liberal with the truth but I'm also learning that digital photos can also be very deceiving.  I'm also amazed at how owners can't even be bothered to clean their bikes and have them looking reasonable for sale.  The same applies in regards to the bikes mechanical condition.  It's laughable when the owners will then try and convince you that the bike has been well cared for and garaged when the plastics are faded, bolt heads corroded, engine oil, clutch and brake fluids are filthy and the chains a mess!

Anyway, maybe I expect too much.  Now I've said that I feel much better now.  I bet my experiences when bike hunting aren't unique!

Offline Biggles

• "Top Dog" 10000 club
  • Bridgeman Downs, Brisbane
Re: You know what I hate!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2015, 05:52:42 PM »
Stay with Hondas.
You meet the nicest people on a Honda.        :grin
For the modern man who lives in the city, riding a bike might be one of the only ways to escape the humdrum monotony. To take off and ride. To be both at one with nature and one with the bike. To feel masculine. Adam Piggott

OzSTOC #16  STOC #6135  FarR #509  IBA #54927