Author Topic: ALDI gear  (Read 1631 times)

Offline Andrew_02ST

ALDI gear
« on: September 05, 2015, 09:59:12 PM »
Hi all, surprised there's not a recent topic I can see on ALDI gear.

Thought I'd give you my two cents worth for anyone interested as most ALDI stores are starting to reduce the 2015 range of gear.

TEXTILE JACKET - I have last years leather jacket which has done me well, so this year I added a textile jacket to the wardrobe ($139). Tried it out today, nice and cosy, rated at being waterproof to 10,000mm and windproof. Rode today in just a t-shirt underneath and was fine (NSW Southern Highlands, still pretty icy in the afternoon). Has two vents front & rear so hopefully come summer has reasonable airflow as the leather does. I wish it had a removable liner to make it a bit lighter for summer however apparently it 'breathes' through a 'membrane'. Jacket is rated to the latest European standard.

BOOTS (high cut, $89) - love them, fine to walk around in and a nice sturdy, quality fit.

GLOVES ($25 reduced) - I bought both sets on offer this year being a summer & winter version. The summer ones feel a bit more comfortable and retain a natural feel, whereas the winter ones are obviously padded (3M thinsulate) and hence loose some sensitivity however they're there for a purpose.

JEANS ($80) I added a pair of the new jeans which are well padded and have hip and knee protection. Very comfortable and keep the wind out. I have last years jeans which aren't padded nor protected. They're on offer again this year ($60) and are better suited to summer riding. I think this year's, however, come with the knee protection as opposed to last year's variant which I've got.

Anyway, thought I'd post as I've looked around for reviews of the ALDI gear prior to purchase and not seen many.

There'll always be the brand snobs but seriously, this gear is certified to a standard at the end of the day and I'm very happy with it.
Andrew
2002 Honda ST1100
 :wht11

The following users thanked this post: tj189, Shiney

Offline Totgas

• Legendary Member
  • Everything is improved with "Flashing lights"
Re: ALDI gear
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2015, 10:13:45 PM »
The search feature is your friend.... http://ozstoc.com/index.php?topic=1973.msg20343#msg20343

A.
I acknowledge hardworking Australians no matter who they are or where they come from. All those who have contributed to this wonderful country deserve an equal share of gratitude for their contributions. To single any group of individuals out for special homage only denigrates the rest of us.

Offline Andrew_02ST

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2015, 11:09:29 PM »
Not when it returns only a single outdated thread from 2012 it isn't
Andrew
2002 Honda ST1100
 :wht11

Offline Totgas

• Legendary Member
  • Everything is improved with "Flashing lights"
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2015, 12:38:57 AM »
Funny, I had a dozen come back, the recent one is http://ozstoc.com/index.php?topic=9677.msg114299#msg114299
I acknowledge hardworking Australians no matter who they are or where they come from. All those who have contributed to this wonderful country deserve an equal share of gratitude for their contributions. To single any group of individuals out for special homage only denigrates the rest of us.

Online Shiney

• Dave
  • Global Moderator
  • UNBELIEVABLE "5000 Posts" Member
  • RTE Coordinator - Strathpine, QLD
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2015, 08:06:19 AM »
Thanks for the review of the ALDI gear Andrew :hatwave
My Ride: 2023 ST1800   :thumb
OzSTOC #104   STOC# 8512   IBA # 59142
Find me in The Who's Who of OzSTOC!

I like shiney things :grin
One of the Dave, Dave, Dave and Duncan crew 8)

Online Wild Rose

• UNBELIEVABLE "5000 Posts" Member
  • Toowoomba, Qld
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2015, 08:49:15 AM »
I bought 2 pairs of the Aldi socks last year and found them very good  :grin
So I went and bought another 2 pairs this year, I don't know why because there is nothing wrong
with the 2 pairs I bought last year  :fp
Leo (Wild Rose)
Honda ST 1300
:rd13       :blk13                            :Spyder
 2002                            New 29-04-13 

Ulysses #49154
FarRider #243