Author Topic: Diesel's Day out with pics....  (Read 2174 times)

Online Diesel

• Administrator
  • Supreme "2000" Club Member
  • QUEEEENSLANDER!!!!
    • The Review Guys
Diesel's Day out with pics....
« on: March 10, 2012, 08:29:30 PM »
The day here in Queensland was what you all see in the ads and brochures - absolutely perfect!

I happen to live a fantastic little ride away from a great breakfast spot up the range at Maleny, and took advantage of the fact I had to lighten my petrol load for the upcoming charity ride to Grantham.

I txt'd a FarRiding friend, packed Mrs Diesel on the back of the 13, and headed out into the morning sunlight for brekky - which was FANTASTIC - I might add.

After this, Mrs Diesel asked if I might stop into the Saddlery shop for her to enquire about riding gear for those other darn things that have a pulse and heart beat. I obliged. Lucky me... Brisbane Honda's Caboolture premises was two doors down, so I went for a looksee.

There was a plethora of Blackbirds, Wings, CBRs, VFRs, Vulcans, Boulevardes etc etc. And the Wings.... oh the Wings!... I said to my mate "they are like a Rolls Royce towing a luxury caravan in the one package!"        :thumbsup

Saw this little racer out the front and wondered how light this must seem compared to a touring set-up ST1300....

Have a closer look at the tread pattern.....

Maybe some of you OzSTOC Members with racing experience can tell us what this pattern is used for - I reckon she'd be like constantly riding over a cattle grid!      :eek

And here was a brand spankers VFR800 still in the crate - going to a lucky new owner's home ....

These are GORGEOUS bikes. Assigned to the "history" bin now.

Anyways - after looking at M/C gloves that cost $300 which look just like my $149 pair, and helmets that cost $869 because they have a spot to fit a "SHOEI" sticker, I dropped Mrs Diesel off home and made my way down to DFO then Chermside Shopping Centre.

Don't often ride in city traffic, but never surprised by the amount of people that want to jump into the "2 second" car length space I leave to the cage in front of me! - Just wish it cost them a dollar to do so - I'd be rich!!!!!      :rofl

Also..... LURVE the motorcycle parking area right in the vicinity of the door......

Seems like I'm the ONLY two - wheeled shopper in South East Qld!!!!

Then off home in 33* clear sky heat.  29* for most of the day.

And that was how I spent the very first day of this weekend!

Cheers, Diesel
FarRider #416   IBA #55491  
OzSTOC Life Member
:candystwheelie       www.dieselst1300.blogspot.com.au

Offline Couch

• Legendary "1000 Club" Member
  • Tasman Peninsula, Tasmania
Re: Diesel's Day out with pics....
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2012, 10:26:19 PM »
Good on ya mate......Chermside Shopping Centre hey!..........my old stomping ground!  :hatwave  I lived close by at Aspley for about 8 years in the early seventies and worked in the Geebung area for about thirty years. Chermside was our nearest and best shopping centre.

Good to see you finally had a day without rain.... :thumb.....a perfect day here as well o'mate, allbeit slightly cooler than you had, but a perfect day nevertheless!!  :thumbsup

Cheers mate, and hi to your lovely lady  :hatwave
There are many paths to the top of the mountain.....but we all need to find our own way!

Offline Biggles

• "Top Dog" 10000 club
  • Bridgeman Downs, Brisbane
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2012, 10:34:38 PM »
Strewth Diesel, don't get involved with those hay-burning transportation thingies.  You think petrol and tyres are dear- wait for the vet bills   :o

Glad you had a nice day out, generally wasted in shops   :spank

I went for a ride up to your work destination, Bribie.  Nice along the western waterfront under the trees (Sylvan Drive end).  Lunch and a run back down through Narangba.  Only 127 kliks, but kept me away from the 'puter like Kev wanted.

You're right about m/c parking.  I reckon every shopping precinct should repaint two car spaces into 6 bike slots.  Maybe more people would ride- even scooters, and cut down on some of the confounded traffic.
For the modern man who lives in the city, riding a bike might be one of the only ways to escape the humdrum monotony. To take off and ride. To be both at one with nature and one with the bike. To feel masculine. Adam Piggott

OzSTOC #16  STOC #6135  FarR #509  IBA #54927

Offline Sicman

• RTE Coordinator
  • Supreme "2000" Club Member
  • Was here when the lights got turned on :-)
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2012, 02:09:59 PM »
Motorcycle parking - Now thats a smart idea for those built up areas who need the space. Out here we dont have traffic lights or roundabouts so the parking problem hasnt got too tight just yet  :butt :rofl Glad you had a good day out and it got better once you dropped the Mrs at home  :whistle :spank :grin
Cheers
Tony
FarRider 802
NatRally's - 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 202🤬, 2🤬21, 2021/22 Black Dog bit me, 2023, 2024
Experience trumps assumption :-)