Author Topic: "View" From Paris Not Yet Shown On News Here  (Read 6558 times)

Offline JuST Peter

• Supreme "2000" Club Member
  • Quakers Hill NSW
Ulysses #41044; OzSTOC #14
I love what I ride and ride what I love

Offline Whizz

• Legendary "1000 Club" Member
  • Paul. Ipswich, QLD.
    • Instrumented Control Solutions Pty Ltd
Re: "View" From Paris Not Yet Shown On News Here
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2013, 08:08:20 PM »
Only if we let it!!!
Cheers,
Paul
:13Candy
In theory there is no difference between theory and practice; in practice there is!!
Red, 2004, ST 1300A

Offline STeveo

• ST Legend
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2013, 07:32:58 AM »
Probably will, our pollies are too busy keeping themselves in parliment to actually do anything to improve the country or protect our way of life. And lets face it, we (aussies) would rather go to the pub than demonstrate in the streets.

:bl11

Offline gaz

• The dark knight! The vigilante! The caped-crusader!
  • Then be The Batman
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2013, 07:03:19 PM »
krazy times :thumbs
Taking over one emoticon at a time >:D

Offline Skip

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2013, 08:18:53 PM »
Multi-culturalism is a flawed cultural experiment that needs to be abandoned with haste. If one "cultural" group insists that another culture's practices offend them, and therefore should be abandoned, then there is no grounds for living peaceably. Example. If your cultured is offended by celebrating Christmas, then that cultural stand offends me. The two shall never be compatible. I love the way the Greeks, the Italians, dare I say the Dutch, ( I can, I married one, ) all came to this country, embraced what it meant to be Australian, but maintained a lot of their traditions but did not try to change what this country was about.
My 2 bob's worth.

Getting wind in my hair while I still have some.

Offline keith3po

• Manchester UK, ST1100 - GL1500
    • my-mc-phoenix
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2013, 10:14:07 PM »
 :fp So much to say on this subject i feel like a minority in my own country don't let it happen there guys. :-(((
Sometimes  Sometimes
http://www.my-mc-phoenix.com

Offline Sabie

• Riding a Blue Angel
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2013, 11:56:01 PM »
There was a guy on TV the other day launching a new political party (Rise Up Australia) I think, he was saying he wanted to change the term from Multi-culturalism to multi-ethenicity saying we are all Australians but we are from different ethnic groups. Multi-culturalism promotes a separation into your cultural group where Multi-ethenicity means your Aussie first but historicly your from another country or group.

And the comentators on TV shot him to peices and distanced themselves from his statement and came down very heavily on him.

Now I don't know anything about this new party, but I did like what he said on that subject. Picking up your flag and protesting about whats happening in another country is BS. If your here, then your Aussie first. Leave that Shit back there. I have a lot of mates who are from different ethinicities, but they're Australians, work like Aussie, live like Aussies and behave like Aussies but still recognise where they came from.

My $250 worth
(Sabie pronounced Sab bee)

2004 Honda ST1300 Blue (Current)
2007 Yamaha VStar XVS 650 Classic (Current)
2011 Suzuki Boulevard C50T VL 800
2007 Yamaha XV 250 Virago
1980 CX500 Red
1980 CX500 Black
1979 CX500 Blue
1981 Honda XL 500s
1982 Yamaha XZ 550
1981 Honda XL 250s
1974 Honda Elsinore MT 250

Offline Kevan

• I am who I am..
  • ST (Old Fart)
    • Music is my middle name
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2013, 10:29:08 AM »
Political correctness has gone W A Y  T O O  F A R... I received a verbal warning from my boss the other day (official) because I circulated an email showing 200 dead and burnt (alive) christians, who's church was torched by Muslim extremists in Africa or somewhere over that way, while they where in it.. It offended me and I knew other would be offended, so I started my email with a warning - Our "newbie" is a Muslim.... Went straight to the boss and put in a complaint.
As far as I'm aware, this is still a democratically appointed, free speaking sociiety - but for how much longer? I've lived on this frickin planet for 50 years and have earned the right to say (or not) what and when I feel.
I know this forum should not be used for political, sexist etc soapboxes, but I, like 10's of 1,000's of others in Australia and around the world ( and a few on this forum I'm seeing ) are too.
I TOTAL agree with everything posted so far, and need to find my local branch of this new party..

:cuss :cuss :cuss    wait for the fall-out  |-i

« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 10:31:40 AM by Kevan »
BSA Starfie 250cc (1972)
Triumph T120 650cc Bonneville (1975)
Francis Barnett 250cc (?)
Yamaha RD400 (1980)
Honda 1100 Goldwing (1979)
Honda ST1100 PanEuropean (2000) purchase 2005..current.

Offline Flip

• 20 odd other bikes - FINALLY - ST Owner/Rider.
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2013, 04:34:49 PM »
Not wishing to sound too racist - BUT - it's long past the time that REAL Aussies has a good look around themselves and dropped this bloody stupid - " She'll be right mate." attitude !
Because, the truth is it WON'T be alright at all !   :'(

Just take a good look around at a few of the other 'western' countries with their 'political correctness' and how totally out of control things have become. (e.g. - England and France)

Here in Australia our rights to put up Christmas decorations in city streets has already been challenged because it might offend some s****y little group of nobodies.  :-(((  :||||

Our kids can't even listen to Christmas carols at school for the same reason.   :-(((

Last Christmas, some meat-head actually had the unmitigated cheek to complain to our local council here because some of the houses in 'his' street offended him by putting up ' MERRY CHRISTMAS ' signs and lighting on their house and in their own front yards !   :eek  :cuss :cuss :cuss

Hate to break it to these goodie-goodie two shoes and politically correct #$%##@$, but OUR AUSTRALIA was founded on Christian / Judian laws and principals !    :thumbsup

It's a free country - or supposed to be anyway ! 

If some, come-lately-drop-in, doesn't like the way we do things in OUR country - they can turn around and LEAVE !   :nahnah
The rest of us won't miss them at all !   :butt

If anyone thinks my attitude IS too racist, - first off I was born here, Adelaide, South Australia. Fourth generation AUSTRALIAN and PROUD OF IT !
I'm not a Christian by religion, I'm Jewish, and was educated in Christian schools, in New Zealand and Australia, both public and private schools.
My late father, and his father before him, volunteered and served in the Australian military overseas during times of war.
Like thousands of other REAL AUSTRALIAN'S of my generation, I served in Australia's army.  Doing two years in Viet Nam during the war, ('67 &'68)
My wife, the sweetest, kindest most gentle soul you could ever hope to meet - she's Vietnamese and a devout Buddhist !

These days, some nambie - pambie little dip-stick thinks he or she has the right to tell me how to think and act in MY OWN COUNTRY !   :spank

I DON'T THINK SO !    :cuss :cuss :cuss       

Here endth the lesson and my little rant.   :beer

:wht11
VAROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM !
But I AM Napoleon I tell you !
Where am I now that I need me ???
ALL others on the roads are idiots - ride accordingly !
STOC # 5709.
Ulysses Club # 40064.

Offline Sabie

• Riding a Blue Angel
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2013, 06:45:22 PM »
Are they really "offended" by those displays and songs at Christmas and Easter?

I've got to question that its not that they are offended, that's just the excuse more that they don't like it and want to impose their values on others.

1980 CX500 Red
1980 CX500 Black
1979 CX500 Blue
1981 Honda XL 500s
1982 Yamaha XZ 550
1981 Honda XL 250s

Offline Brock

• Tardis Tech
  • UNBELIEVABLE "5000 Posts" Member
  • White is the fastest
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2013, 07:04:04 PM »
Its not that our new arrivals are offended, its the PC ninnies whose band wagon is that they may be offended.

If the Oz way of life offends you, then leave...
Brock
Asian Correspondent
2003 Honda ST1100PY

Ulysses #32829
STOC #8239
OzSToc # ??
Kinross WA

Offline Lionel

• Legendary Member
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2013, 08:22:09 PM »
Agree with the rant, Flip.

Offline Kevan

• I am who I am..
  • ST (Old Fart)
    • Music is my middle name
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2013, 09:21:26 PM »
 BRAVO to EVERYONE who agrees in the right to say what you like and when you like.  There is a devine saying that "its not my words that offend you, its you allowing yourself to be offended.  Toughen up Princess. As has been said earlier - if you don't like it, PLEASE go home. e only care if you stay and moan..
This video was released by an English bloke, who "was allowed" to say "such dreadful and racist things" in England, so he went viral via Germany. 

http://europenews.dk/en/node/58928

One question I would like to throw into the general conversation is this. Am I making a racist statement when I talk negatively about Muslims, or any other religion? Racism is (as I understand it) a general dislike FOR A RACE, NOT a religious following (I think that's called sectarialism ? ?? ). I'm not religious in any way. I don't believe in ANY God as such, but I do believe in a higher plane of exsistance, spirits, Ghost and Gooliest and long-leggedie beasties, and Karma, so I don't actually give a rats  :butt what you do in the own home, but DONT YOU DARE come knocking on my door promoting or protesting on religious grounds.

I can see this becoming the longest thread on this Forum - which is a pity, but it does prove how many people are motivated by it..
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 09:34:48 PM by Kevan »
BSA Starfie 250cc (1972)
Triumph T120 650cc Bonneville (1975)
Francis Barnett 250cc (?)
Yamaha RD400 (1980)
Honda 1100 Goldwing (1979)
Honda ST1100 PanEuropean (2000) purchase 2005..current.

Offline Sabie

• Riding a Blue Angel
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2013, 09:53:27 PM »
Although I stand by my earlier statements, I would recommend caution in the statements that we make on this public forum. What we don't want is for our statements  to become one of vilification against any one ethnic group, culture or religion.

I'm sure the moderators will agree to please speak freely but use caution oh how we say it.

This is not directed at anyone in particular. I just don't want to see anyone getting into trouble.

Cheers

Sab

1980 CX500 Red
1980 CX500 Black
1979 CX500 Blue
1981 Honda XL 500s
1982 Yamaha XZ 550
1981 Honda XL 250s

Offline Streak

• Stampy Glitterballs
    • Australian ST Owners Club
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2013, 10:11:10 PM »
Sabie Makes an Excellent Point, excert from the OzsTOC Rules:

"We all want this forum for the benefit of ALL motorcyclists, and as such, has to cater to many nationalities and ethnic backgrounds."

as far as we are concerned, it does not matter who you or what you are, you are welcome here, so there WILL be respect for peoples beliefs and standings, you can talk about anything constructively, without inflaming the world, then simply don't post it.....

Streak (Graham)
Storm Trooper
streak@ozstoc.com
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/OzSTOC
2010 White DL650 Strom
FarRider #667
IBA #59145
Aussie Hard Arse #63

Offline Brock

• Tardis Tech
  • White is the fastest
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2013, 10:16:42 PM »
Anything that gets near vilification will be removed immediately. So far the comments are pretty general and can be applied to any new arrival, be they from Africastan or Pomgolia. Lets keep the comments calm and generalised. Cant promise that the comments wont offend some one tho, as anything can offend some one.

I find the carry on in Parliament fairly offensive at times...
Brock
Asian Correspondent
2003 Honda ST1100PY

Ulysses #32829
STOC #8239
OzSToc # ??
Kinross WA

Offline saaz

• Canberra ACT
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2013, 10:21:51 PM »
Very well said Sabie.

Extremists on all sides always take advantage to push what they want, be it christian, muslim, agnostic etc etc.  Basically they are just politicians taking what advantage they can get to push their own agendas, often nothing to do with the religious or other platform they use, it is just handy.  Perhaps I have been working with politicians too long, as it looks oh so familiar regardless of where in the world you are.

Although I stand by my earlier statements, I would recommend caution in the statements that we make on this public forum. What we don't want is for our statements  to become one of vilification against any one ethnic group, culture or religion.

I'm sure the moderators will agree to please speak freely but use caution oh how we say it.

This is not directed at anyone in particular. I just don't want to see anyone getting into trouble.

Cheers

Sab

Cheers

Sab
John
(Ridden on and forever in our hearts)
1996 Honda ST1100P
2014 Triumph Trophy SE
Ozstoc, STOC #7239, Farrider #461 Ulysses #061681, IBA #59143 and some others

Offline keith3po

• Manchester UK, ST1100 - GL1500
    • my-mc-phoenix
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2013, 10:39:49 PM »
I see it is the same down there as in the UK mention one religion/country and you are a racist mention a number of religions/countrys and you are a little islander stuck in the past.

In the UK people are scared to speak their mind in some cities we have no go areas where white British are not welcome. The whole country is becoming segregated if you stifle free speech you will end up the same.

Politicians are the main cause they will do anything for a vote.
Sometimes  Sometimes
http://www.my-mc-phoenix.com

Offline Flip

• 20 odd other bikes - FINALLY - ST Owner/Rider.
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2013, 11:36:57 PM »
Thanks for the link to that video clip Kevan.

How about that ????   :thumbsup

A video clip in which someone actually comes right out and openly says what our wonderful government has been gagging any Australian from saying openly in our media ! 

Can anyone here imagine the screams of outrage, the rioting, the mindless violence that would follow if those same truths where ever shown on an Australian TV station ???    :well

TRUE FACT -
Last May I was doing a bit of shopping at Lottie Supermarket, District 7. tp H.C.M. (Sai Gon) and for the first time since leaving Perth on 4th January, I saw two of those little black mobile letterboxes, just as they started coming into the supermarket.   :o
The local Vietnamese, mainly the women started pointing and talking louder and louder to each other. The security guards inside started looking very nervous and moving as far away as they could - like straight out the nearest doors.  :whistle
Not being able to speak or understand anything more than the very basics of the language, I had no idea what was being said but clearly the local women, staff included, where becoming more and more upset and vocal.
A young Vietnamese guy grabbed me by the arm and said-" Come ! Come quick ! We go. We go much fast long way."

Once outside, I asked him what was going on. In the previous five months in Sai Gon I'd never seen or heard of anything like this happening.
I'd always found all the Vietnamese people there open and friendly, willing to help if they thought you where lost or couldn't find what you where looking for.   
The young guy - a uni student studying International Business Law as it turned out, spoke pretty good and understandable English.
He said basically, a few of the women recognized that form of dress code. To them it meant only one thing, - muslim.
To the average, educated Vietnamese in Sai Gon, Muslim means only terrorists and war everywhere in the world.

The women simply reacted to what they'd all seen on the State run TV networks. Yelling at the two mobile black letterboxes, telling them that Viet Nam has had enough of war and to take their hateful, war making hateful ways and religion and get out of Viet Nam. They and their kind where not welcome.

All this was in the Vietnamese language so I'm not really sure how much of the message got through - certainly the visible anger on the faces of the Vietnamese women and shaking of various pieces of fruits and vegetables in front of them got the message across loud and clearly.

The young guy and I hurried out and over to the parking lot and grabbed our motorbikes, just then a car and small truck loaded with the Viet Nam People's Security turned up ( CSOG ) - we both left very hurriedly when they arrived.

I'd been stopped a couple of times before that by the 'Cong An', traffic police in tan uniforms - no guns, usually two on a white Honda 250 with the usual police flashing red light. Always endlessly polite each time despite the fact none of us had a clue what the other was saying. 
After showing them my passport, visa, driver's license, vehicle insurance and resident 'home card', everyone was all smiles, pats on the back and sent on my way.   o:)

Once I'd been pulled over by a couple of the CSQG - now that was a little bit different ! Dark green uniforms, gun belts with pistols and AK-47's in hand.  >:()
These guys are NOT to be messed with, even though they are usually the same as the Cong An in attitude, very polite, but a few less smiles. Get on their wrong side and it's a whole different ball game - with them as the opposing team, referees, judges all in one. 

When they pulled me over, after a few minutes of no-one understand what was being said, and they'd checked all my papers, twice - I wandered over to a road side stand while they checked over my bike, and brought a few cans of cold, Thai Coke.  Everyone's favorite softie when you can find it ! (31 Aussie cents per can)
Went back to my bike and gave them a can each. We shared the drinks, then they decided I was a 'good guy' after all.   :thumbsup

With a bit more sign language one of them pulled out his pistol and let me examine it.
Try asking a police officer anywhere in Oz to hand over his / her handgun for you to have a look at it and see what sort of reaction you get !   :-(((

:wht11
VAROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM !
But I AM Napoleon I tell you !
Where am I now that I need me ???
ALL others on the roads are idiots - ride accordingly !
STOC # 5709.
Ulysses Club # 40064.

Offline Brock

• Tardis Tech
  • White is the fastest
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2013, 08:27:36 AM »
OK folks, time to get back to fun things.

To prevent unintended collar heating this thread is now locked.
Brock
Asian Correspondent
2003 Honda ST1100PY

Ulysses #32829
STOC #8239
OzSToc # ??
Kinross WA